Serial access on Windows

Dan Ingalls Dan at SqueakLand.org
Sat Feb 23 21:10:49 UTC 2002

Folks -

I think this got mentioned before, but I can't seem to find it...

Is there a problem with serial port access on Windows?  I'm using

	Squeak-D3D.exe of 5/17/2001

I've made (!) things work on the Mac using the printer port, and I was able to verify things work on Windows using a terminal program, but can't get it to work in Squeak with the same wires and same settings.  Yes, I'm setting the parameters before opening.

Any suggestions?  If there's a problem in the VM, where can I find a more recent VM, or a plugin that would override the serial driver?

Thanks in advance.

	- Dan

PS:  Never, never, assume that a DIN-to-DB9 cable is wired right for serial access ;-)