ARM GCC compiler issue

Ohshima, Yoshiki Yoshiki.Ohshima at disney.com
Sun Feb 24 02:01:58 UTC 2002

  Hello,

  I'm trying to port Squeak to US version Zaurus
(developer.sharpsec.com) and it is getting to work.  I knew
Tim mentioned couples of times about the GCC bug, but I was
narrowly hoping that the bug is fixed in the toolchain which
Sharp is providing.

  Unfortunately, it isn't fixed and I'm bitten by the bug.
If I compile the VM without optimization, it (sort of) works
on the PDA, but when I turn on the optimization, the process
says "Illigal instruction" and quits.

  Virtually, there is no way for me to narrow down which
function(s) in the VM causes the problem.  So, does anyone
have a program sniplet that triggers this compiler bug?  I
want to take a look at it and ultimately I want to let Sharp
to fix it:-)

  Thank you,

-- Yoshiki