Modules and class... [ a off-topic question ?]

David Simmons David.Simmons at smallscript.com
Sun Feb 24 13:46:17 UTC 2002

It
> is right to specialize a class by providing additional
> "role/interface/protocol" to support module services.
>
> -------------
>
> OK- I'll bite.  What does it mean to instantiate a module, then?

Les,

I think I more than made the case when I covered this issue with the
discussion of per/module (methods) behavior for the class object itself.

However, the point was that it is quite possible that design basis for
being able to instantiate an instances of the "class" in addition to the
instance of the "metaclass" would be valuable. It is not particularly
hard to envision using the instances to hold different cached versions
of the module; where the instances are the database/repository model.

-- Dave S. [SmallScript Corp]

SmallScript for the AOS & .NET Platforms
David.Simmons at SmallScript.com | http://www.smallscript.org