[Q][Modules] Modules and Environments

Henrik Gedenryd h.gedenryd at open.ac.uk
Mon Feb 25 11:14:46 UTC 2002

Hannes Hirzel wrote:

> While browsing through the code I found the class comment on Environments
> (I copied it out to http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/2302 for handy
> reference and update).
>
> From the text given there I don't understand the relation to modules and
> how they cooperate.
>
> Can anybody help please?
>

> Regards
> Hannes Hirzel

I used Environments as a starting point for the Modules. E:s had many good
ideas but it became apparent that it would not allow the degree of
modularity we wanted, but in practice only a handful of different "modules"
at most, because of the tree structure.

So I guess the Modules subsumed Environments.

And Environments was where the upper case message names first occured :-)

Henrik