[pws] problem running swiki on nt

Peter Crowther peter.crowther at networkinference.com
Mon Feb 25 17:23:46 UTC 2002

> From: Ned Konz [mailto:ned at bike-nomad.com]
> On Monday 25 February 2002 06:07 am, Bill at GLO Ltd wrote:
> > ... I see a socket listening on 5678 with a local ip of
> 0.0.0.0  and
> > this is not accessible over the network, but it it
> accessible on the
> > local machine.
>
> Why should this not work? On my system, all the servers (even
> those reachable
> over the Internet) are listening on 0.0.0.0:

A listen address of 0.0.0.0 merely means that the socket is bound to all
network adapters on the machine, and will therefore accept requests from any
interface.  I'd be much more worried if the address *wasn't* 0.0.0.0.

Bill, are you sure there's no firewalling software active that is preventing
access?

		- Peter