Getting rid of metaclasses (Was: Behaviors vs Modules)

Jerry Bell jdbell at fareselaw.com
Mon Feb 25 23:53:16 UTC 2002

Hi all,

I have a couple of PIE documents which the folks at PARC were nice enough to
copy and send me.  They are scanned and I've just made them available:

A Layered Approach to Software Design
(Ira P. Goldstein and Daniel G.Bobrow, CSL-80-5 December 1980)
1.9 MB

http://www.dolphinharbor.org/docs/PIE%20Layered%20Approach.pdf

and:

An Experimental Description-Based Programming Environment: Four Reports
(Ira Goldstein and Daniel Bobrow, CSL-81-3 March 1981)
3.18MB

http://www.dolphinharbor.org/docs/PIE%20four%20reports.pdf

Both are (c) Xerox.  I hope there is no problem posting them.

Hope these are useful,

Jerry Bell