Updating BC to 3.3alpha (was: [BC][FIX] Block Closures, Version 2 Fix)

PhiHo Hoang phiho.hoang at rogers.com
Tue Feb 26 02:02:28 UTC 2002

Anthony,

-----Original Message-----
From: squeak-dev-admin at lists.squeakfoundation.org
[mailto:squeak-dev-admin at lists.squeakfoundation.org] On Behalf Of
Anthony Hannan
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2002 5:32 PM
To: squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
Subject: Updating BC to 3.3alpha (was: [BC][FIX] Block Closures, Version
2 Fix)

PhiHo Hoang <phiho.hoang at rogers.com> wrote:
>> Does Block Closures, Version 2 supports Squeak 3.3 Alpha with modules

>> ? My current image now is at update 4716. The system chokes at update

>> 4717CharBlockScannerFix-slg.(Syntax Error: 'DummyReceiverClass as yet

>> unclassified' in the upper pane, then 'Unmatched comment quote
>> ->"Change' in the lower pane)

> I see the problem.  Changeset 4717 is missing a closing quote on its
preamble.  That is what
> produces the syntax error.  For some reason the standard image does
not choke on this syntax
> error but BC does.  To work around it add the closing quote in the
Syntax Error window (and
> remove the "Unmatched comment quote ->" tag), save, and then proceed
through the notifier.

	It works like a charm. I didn't even think that it's this simple
:-)

	I am now at update #4771.

> If your using the pre-converted image, before getting updates you have
to change
> "SystemVersion current" version to 'Squeak3.3alpha' and rollback its
highestUpdate to 4653
> before getting 3.3alpha updates.  You also have to remove all number
above 4653 in its updates > set.  (PhiHo might have figured this out
already).

	Actually, I did it the hard way ;-) Thanks for your tip.

>> BTW, will you incorporate Scott's enhancements into next version of
BC ?

> Yes, but I'm going to call that VM "BC++" to distinguish it from core
BC changes.

	Thanks a lot. Please keep up with the great work and moving
onward with your second one.

> Cheers,
> Anthony

	Cheers,