Modules and class... [ a off-topic question ?]

Les Tyrrell tyrrell at iserve11.lis.uiuc.edu
Mon Feb 25 07:07:59 UTC 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: David Simmons <David.Simmons at smallscript.com>
To: <squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org>
Sent: Sunday, February 24, 2002 7:46 AM
Subject: RE: Modules and class... [ a off-topic question ?]

> It is not particularly
> hard to envision using the instances to hold different cached versions
> of the module; where the instances are the database/repository model.

Then I guess we shall continue to disagree.  I've been doing similar things in Oasis for years without once ever feeling that my modules should have been classes.  The really difficult problems that have cropped up have never been related to this issue, not even remotely.  So, for now I reserve the right to remain extremely skeptical of your claim that this is what they should be.

- les