serialization and rematerialization of CompiledMethods, assistance needed!

Chris Muller afunkyobject at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 26 06:27:06 UTC 2002

> That number should be the number of bytecodes plus the number of trailer
> bytes. This should get the right sized method:
>
> copy _ (CompiledMethod newMethod: m endPC - m initialPC + 1 + 4 header: m
> header)

Hi Bob, I finally got to where I could get back into this and now realize that
I need to know how to "populate" the method after I've created it.  For
example, can I simply replaceFrom: 1 to: m size?  Or perhaps after the position
(m endPC - m initialPC + 1 + 4)?

Thank you for this low-level help!

Regards,
  Chris Muller