mac os-x -> Need multiple button mice with scroll wheel

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Tue Feb 26 19:23:15 UTC 2002

On Tuesday 26 February 2002 09:42 am, Brian Keefer wrote:

> As squeak stands now, the keyboard hack sends mouse events to a window the
> mouse may no longer be pointing at, which is a bad inconsistency.

What do you mean? X won't send the X mouse events to any window but the one
that the mouse is over (depending on the Window Manager's focus policy, I
guess).

The keyboard hack actually just takes X mouse events (which come into a
window the same way that mouse motion, etc. events do) and sends the image
keystrokes.

Is there a case in X where a window would get mouse events but not keyboard
events?

--
Ned Konz
currently: Stanwood, WA