VMMaker thoughts

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Wed Jan 2 06:28:47 UTC 2002

>  >
>>  > In particular, libmpeg should be shared; it seems
>>  > silly to copy all of libmpeg to each platform's MPEGPlugin subdirectory.
>>  It is, and it isn't ....
>
>I don't understand.  The files in platforms/Cross/Mpeg3Plugin *don't*
>get copied?  Or is it only subdirectories that don't get copied?  Or
>what?  My picture was that src/Mpeg3Plugin would be the union of:
>
>	1. Mpeg3Plugin.[ch], generated from the image
>	2. platforms/Cross/Mpeg3Plugin/*
>	2. platforms/foo/Mpeg3Plugin/*
>
>What am I missing?

Ah, if you look again you should see /Mac OS/plugins/Mpeg3Plugin too.
That contains the mac specific changes. The original tree for
Mpeg3Plugin was dropped into the VMMaker tree from my archive and was
designed to be used by any platform. So some more work is required to
break out platform specific features into the subtrees. I think the
mac side of that was done a few days back when I added support for
building under OS-X.

However reconfiguration for building under Unix and Windows is needed.

& Yes the mpeg3plugin.c file shouldn't really be there and it should
be generated each time, versus using my copy from Nov 2000. So I've
deleted it.