getting really weird: Player39 in PointerFinder

Bob Arning arning at charm.net
Wed Jan 2 12:38:38 UTC 2002

On Wed, 2 Jan 2002 01:57:17 -0800 Ross Boylan <RossBoylan at stanfordalumni.org> wrote:
>On Tue, Jan 01, 2002 at 06:18:27PM -0500, Bob Arning wrote:
>> On Tue, 1 Jan 2002 14:19:45 -0800 Ross Boylan <RossBoylan at stanfordalumni.org> wrote:
>> >I don't know how Etoy scripting ended up with one of my windows as an owner...
>>
>> Ross,
>>
>> Is there a method #script1 in Player39? What does it say? This may give a clue as to how things got started.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Bob
>>

>Yes.  In full:
>
>script1
>	self setHeading: -4
>
>There is a similarly exciting script2.  Is this a rotation command?

Yes.

>Possible scenario: while trying to understand some of the new stuff, I
>created a tile for my window.  Then I clicked a bunch of the controls
>to see if the window would move around.
>
>If I did that, which is likely, would that create these Player classes
>and the corresponding script owners?

Yes.

>How come closing the tile
>doesn't destroy the class?

Do you expect ordinary classes to be deleted when you simply close a browser? Off the top of my head, I don't think any automatic removal of these classes exist, but you can look at

	Player class>>freeUnreferencedSubclasses
and
	Player class>>abandonUnnecessaryUniclasses

for some ideas on how to get rid of them.

Cheers,
Bob