getting really weird: Player39 in PointerFinder

Ross Boylan RossBoylan at stanfordalumni.org
Thu Jan 3 01:40:47 UTC 2002

At 07:38 AM 1/2/02 -0500, Bob Arning wrote:
>On Wed, 2 Jan 2002 01:57:17 -0800 Ross Boylan
><RossBoylan at stanfordalumni.org> wrote:
>[snip]
> >How come closing the tile
> >doesn't destroy the [Playernn] class?
>
>Do you expect ordinary classes to be deleted when you simply close a
>browser? Off the top of my head, I don't think any automatic removal of
>these classes exist, but you can look at
>
>         Player class>>freeUnreferencedSubclasses
>and
>         Player class>>abandonUnnecessaryUniclasses
>
>for some ideas on how to get rid of them.
>
>Cheers,
>Bob

Neither of those methods killed the classes, but I was able to identify and
manually kill
the ones that [my keyboard is acting weird--hope this is readable]
t were hanging on to all the copies.

I don't expect closing the browser to kill a class, but it did seem there'd
be a certain symmetry in having a class that was created without my
knowledge also killed without my knowledge!

Thanks.