[OT] Writing a parser for BASIC in Smalltalk/Squeak ?

Andy Stoffel Andrew.Stoffel at jenzabar.net
Thu Jan 3 16:34:41 UTC 2002

This is very off-topic (I think anyway)...

I was wondering if anyone has any links/sources/information pointers
on writing a parser for other languages in Smalltalk ? Even just a
starting point would be useful...

[Background for the curious --> I have some programs written
 in Compaq Basic (aka DEC Basic on OpenVMS) (It's NOT your
 grandmother's microcomputer/MS based Basic) that I would like
to "map out" so I can figure out what these things are doing
[I know what the programs do but HOW they do it can be a bit
 opaque at times... too many cooks have done their bit with these
 programs over the last 20 years ] so I can _safely_ change them.]

Thanks

-Andy-