[ANNC] ComSwiki 1.2 ("Harvest")

G.J.Tielemans at dinkel.utwente.nl G.J.Tielemans at dinkel.utwente.nl
Thu Jan 3 23:53:36 UTC 2002

Thanks Jochen!

ComSWiki 1.2 "Harvest".........

I run a server under windowsNT4 servicepack 6... clientbrowsers IE5.5 sp2 &
IE5.0
I run a server under windows98 first release with IE5.5 clients under win98.

IN all these combinations UPLOADING FILES WORKS FINE, SO PLEASE, VAPORIZE
that BIG TIME release!!!!!!

NO BUGS (YET)!!
I cannot replicate the other problems from Frank Sergeant (Win2000) under NT
or 98.
(I did even copy pages & uploads from an older swiki- as he did- restart..
everything still OK)

Question I: gif jpg & png appear inline, bmp becomes a hyperlink that I can
open.. design decisions?

Question II:it is now possible for a webmaster to select new page-templates
and forms and decide how the daughters of a page will look like. Alex Kang
created a version where the user can decide which template will become the
daughter as soon as he/she creates a new hyperlink.... (I did implement it
and it seems to work..)

Is it possible to combine these two? (See enclosed email + attachment form
Alex:

Hi,

I have improved my multiple template document swiki.
Unpack this swiki under the swiki directory, and
restart your ComSwiki. This swiki is named
"templates", so you may want to change to different
name.

Read the home page for instructions on how to use the
swiki and modifications to the class HttpSwikiRequest.

Key enhancement:

   the field names in a template can be named as
   text-objective, text-discussion, instead of
   text1, text2.

I am not familiar with the change set concept. Please
do advise me how to use change set as modification to
existing codes - or this is wrong concept?

Thanks,
Alex Kang