GPG plugin (was Re: [ANN][VM][SF] my Unix patches integrated into SF layout)

danielv at netvision.net.il danielv at netvision.net.il
Sat Jan 5 09:00:13 UTC 2002

Read an article (in an ACM transactions, I believe) about such a system
- each user would many virtual mailboxes. Unprivileged writers would
only know the basic public box, which would discard any message not
bearing a stamp (some form of micropayment). After you recognize a
friend has sent you a stamped message, the polite thing to do is of
course to return the stamp along with a priviledged sub-address that
doesn't require a stamp.

So once you've made contact, it's just email. But if you're a spammer,
you pay for every unwanted mail you want read.

Of course, micropayments are still quite a bit less available than
encryption, so...

But it's a nice idea.

Daniel