[ANN][VM][SF] my Unix patches integrated into SF layout

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Sat Jan 5 20:16:46 UTC 2002

Okay, I've posted a new version that uses a custom UnixVMMaker subclass;
now on Unix, internal plugins will get their own directory, and on other
platforms, you get the same old plugin soup as usual.  Could you take a
look at it, Tim, and see if it looks reasonable?  I moved some code
around in the root class, and added a small hook, but I think it should
be have the same on other platforms.

	http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/2173

It is possible now to compile every plugin internally on Unix.  (This
used to be the *easy* case -- sheesh!)

Also, I tweaked SurfacePlugin to actually generate its .c file when it
is told to.  It has a custom translate functions that seems to do some
extra stuff... and then not to do all of the basic stuff!

A couple of other notable changes in the SHA upload I just posted:

	- Mpeg3Plugin and JPEGReaderWriter2Plugin now compile just fine

	- There are RPM spec files now, contributed by Sumit Khanna, so that
RPM's can be built

-Lex