[GOODIE] BlockContext-fullPrintOn

Leandro Caniglia caniglia at dm.uba.ar
Mon Jan 7 13:17:43 UTC 2002

Hi Doug.

Thank you for taking the time to consider my point.

Please note that to handle syntax errors while fullPrinting
blocks, we need these errors to rise exceptions. As you
know, SyntaxErrors aren't Exceptions and thus we cannot use
the on:do: message to handle them in an simple way. That's
one of the reasons for the SyntaxErrorNotification change
set I sent to the list. SyntaxErrorNotifications use
SyntaxErrors for their default action and give us the
possibility to handle special cases conveniently.
SyntaxErrorNotifications could also be useful while
pretty-printing (stef?), finding selectors (alt-m/n), filing
in and browsing code from disc, etc.

/Leandro