[VM][SF] Cross has too much in the CVS tree?

Rob Withers rwithers12 at mediaone.net
Wed Jan 9 04:12:55 UTC 2002

At 10:29 PM 1/8/2002, you wrote:
>"Lex Spoon" <lex at cc.gatech.edu> is widely believed to have written:
>

> > Cool.  If you want, put it in the main VMMaker package -- I don't think
> > I'll need to be hacking on it any more, and I can send you more
> > changesets if you want.  (Although as you've mentioned before, it might
> > be nice if VMMaker was in the main update stream, anyway!  VMMaker beats
> > "Interpreter translate: 'interp.c' doInlining: true" hands down, now
> > that we have all this plugins business!)
>Glad you like it overall; I'm working on incorporating your changes and
>in fact you've convinced me that it makes sense to put the internal
>plugins in subdirectories  - at least enough for me to try it out. JMM
>agrees that it sounds plausible as well, so it probably works out ok.

Tim,

Maybe my experiences will help you.  The things I ran into when building
from Lex's stuff are:

1) LargeFiles changeset, please - in the update stream if possible
2) delete sqUnicJoystickTablet.c - now split into two files
3) make extra sure that any mkMakeRules files are executable - one lives in
Mpeg3Plugin

Rob