Porting Squeak

Gary McGovern gary.play at btopenworld.com
Wed Jan 9 20:17:24 UTC 2002

Hello,
I'm curious to know if there are any plans to change Squeak
over to Java ? And if it would be possible ?

Personally I prefer Smalltalk and its benefits such as
workspaces, browsers, dynamic compilation etc (I don't like to
use get and set and some of the huge method headers) but I'm
thinking from the support angle. What could have been done
with the huge developer base.

Or would it be a good idea to have a Java translator that
would give the apparency of the code being written or read in
Java syntax ?

Thanks!
Gary
(Get set,go ;-))