yellowdog linux rpm for squeak?

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Thu Jan 10 20:28:55 UTC 2002

John M McIntosh <johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com> wrote:
> Hi, I'm in SF enjoying macworld 2002, not quite sleeping because I'm
> pushing mac VMs out the door. But I'm really talking to those mac
> folks about Squeak. So I talked today with Kai Staats who is CEO over
> at Terra Soft Solutions who makes Yellow Dog Linux for the powerpc.
>
> So what I need is whoever is looking after the RPMS for linux on
> intel to give me a hand (with access to the server at Terra Soft) to
> build a LinuxPPC version to stick on the Yellow Dog Server PowerPC
> CDs.

That would be Sumit Khanna.  His page is linked from the Download for
Unix page:

	http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/298

There's a good chance you can just rebuild the RPM's using his spec
files.

By the way, the Unix VM is in a touch of flux at this moment; if you
aren't in a rush, you might want to wait a week or two until things
settle down.  It depends on what you are after.

-Lex