fonting hell!

John Hinsley jhinsley at telinco.co.uk
Sun Jan 13 05:52:51 UTC 2002

I'm not *absolutely* sure that these changes are down to the recent
change sets (or even that they're both changes!) but I observe that:

"ü" (that's ascii 252, u diuresis/umlaut) is now represented by a glyph
in (at least) the file list and file selector dialogues. If this doesn't
apply to you and you use Mac, well, that may explain something.... :-0

I can't live with the default text style any more: it simply won't
display (most) accents. I'm a European: we use accents! How can I change
this for something sensible like courier (which I have in Squeak). Yep,
I've looked, but there's nothing obvious. (Couldn't this become
something selectable from the preferences dialogue?)

Someone has been beavering away with the font halo menus. Looks to me as
though we could bin one of them right now, and maybe combine the lot
into one. This might make for quicker/easier changes.

3.3a #4653 in Linux.

Cheers

John
--
Reputed to be the reason Windows 2000 was nearly a year late, (paid in
shares M$Ds needed the cash and kudos) Netproject's Eddie Bleasdale has

http://www.silicon.com/bin/bladerunner?30REQEVENT=&REQAUTH=21046&14001REQSUB=REQINT1=48211