[BUG] Squeak 3.2gamma/3.3alpha not opening properly

Brent Vukmer bvukmer at blackboard.com
Tue Jan 15 15:14:06 UTC 2002

I'm running Squeak on Windows, with the 5/17 VM.  After updating to 3.2gamma and 3.3alpha, when I try to open either image, Squeak opens with a white screen that eventually prints an error dump and asks if I want to open an emergency evaluator.

Attached are the SqueakDebugLog files for 3.2g and 3.3a.

When the emergency evaluator opens for 3.2g, I type in revert and see: "reverted: UUIDPlugin class requiresPlatformFiles".  I tried typing in revert again ( since Squeak was still just displaying a blank screen with the error dump & emergency evaluator ) and got the message: "vel of revert currently supported."

Help?