3.1 VM required for current image on Windows (was Re: [BUG] S queak 3.2gamma/3.3alpha not opening properly)

Withers, Robert rwithers at quallaby.com
Tue Jan 15 20:09:53 UTC 2002

Brent,

There were recent changes from LargeFile support, in the image, which may be
causing this.  I recently managed to build a 3.2 Windows VM using VMMaker
and the SourceForge windows codebase, plus some ports of Andreas' Alpha6
code and a few tweaks.

When I get home, tonight, I can probably send you all of the pieces for you
to build one that works, or I could post a prebuilt VM for that purpose.
Note, however, that this VM would not be a final VM for 3.2 since I just
hacked it together.  First, Andreas will probably want to provide more
rigorous support for these changes, and secondly, the SF codebase is still
in quite some flux.  We will need to support the newer intplugins structure
coming out tomorrow for SF, and finish updating the Win32 codebase, out
there, to the 5/17 Alpha6 codebase, plus new fixes for LargeFile, etc.

So where do you all want this temporary VM?  A web-site?

cheers,
Rob