mac carbon VM 3.2.1 and image files > 50MB.

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Wed Jan 16 04:02:55 UTC 2002

Someone noticed the macintosh carbon 3.2.1 VM won't work with image
files > 50MB or so. Yes this is an on purpose bug, versus those
random bugs. I'm working a fix based on anonymous mmap support found
in OS-X. Tomorrow I hope to post a test VM to those who want to play
with large/messy VMs under OS-X.

Note you'll need to email me for this VM, I need some test subjects,
other than the one person who as emailed me so far.

Please note creating a image > 2GB (actually a bit less that this)
will cause sudden death regardless of the platform. This is an bit
swizzling type of issue that might need address, or maybe we just
migrate to 64bit Squeak.