Squeak goes SMS?

Cees de Groot cg at home.cdegroot.com
Wed Jan 16 23:05:04 UTC 2002

 <G.J.Tielemans at dinkel.utwente.nl> said:
>3. send... within seconds it arrives in my cellphone.

Or within minutes, or half an hour, ... So if you're relying on these SMS
messages, you need to contact your GSM provider and pry direct access from
them loose (IIRC, you can send SMS messages through ISDN/Modem and there
seems to be a thing called SNPP - Simple Network Pager Protocol).

Tip: ring the provider helpdesk at 04:00 am in a weeknight. I've never
encountered 'please hold the line', and always got knowledgeable people on the
other end :-)

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.cdegroot.com     <cg at cdegroot.com>