[Ogg] Contact [was: Hello from Squeak]

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Thu Jan 17 14:42:03 UTC 2002

Tim Rowledge <tim at sumeru.stanford.edu> wrote:
> Interesting reply - I couldn't help but notice that he rather skipped on
> the platform portability paragraph, spotting only the no-OS part, and
> then had to ask if it ran on linux. Maybe the concept of total
> portability is so strange that peoplejust don't see the words? I know
> I've had people totally disbelieve me on the subject even after showing
> them!

For a lot of the poor suckers out in the icy rain, being portable
between Win98, Win2k, and WinXP is pretty good.  Running on NT 4 and 5
and on Win95 as well is *true* portability!  :)

BTW, I also enjoyed "what window manager are you using" -- referring, I
think, to Squeak's built-in Morphic system.  :)

This is gonna be fun!  It's so wonderful to have someone to show our
good stuff too, who isn't so beaten down by the status quo that they've
fallen in love with it.

-Lex