[FYI] Java vs Squeak/Smalltalk

Gary McGovern gary.play at btopenworld.com
Fri Jan 18 02:01:06 UTC 2002

16/01/02 17:47:45, "Justin Walsh" <jwalsh at bigpond.net.au> wrote:

>Philosophically and Technically and, keeping concept IDE squarely in mind,
>St. is without a doubt, as close to perfect an IDE as it can possibly get.

I wouldn't agree with that. The direct manipulation / etoy / scripting can be taken much further I'm
sure it will at one point (bearing in mind the objective of a Dynabook). And the method structure
could be improved to show dependencies and sequences (my user experience having not written
the methods).

Gary
(Not wishing to be flamed as no offense is intended)