pending mac vm 3.2.2

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Fri Jan 18 22:34:18 UTC 2002

I'm finishing up testing of the mac carbon mach-o vm 3.2.2.

However I need more feedback on issues. Someone was kind enough to
let me know that save image as didn't work. Well it works for me so
I'm looking harder at the issue, but feedback is important if you
really want to fix things.

What's fixed:

Directory byte size gets set to zero for the classic VM, versus a
random number.

What's broken and I don't know why:

"Time now" is 52 minutes slow on at least one machine in france.

More investigation required
a) Save image as, file is null, why?

b) Foreign characters. In 3.2.1 we mapped unicode file names to
MacRoman. But the docs say this should be UTF8. However doing this
results in werid behavior, so I might leave it as MacRoman.

PS As always I'm very interested in any crash logs or situations that
cause the VM to core dump.