Building latest Unix VM - how?

Cees de Groot cg at home.cdegroot.com
Sat Jan 19 15:44:03 UTC 2002

Scott A Crosby <crosby at qwes.math.cmu.edu> said:
>So, I'd consider applying those, then playing with the resultant VM before
>doing much VM hacking.

Thanks. I'll wait for them to show up in CVS. That still leaves the socket
primitive extension (probably a second primitive for compatibility reasons...).

>Which builds everything. Then *move* the generated files into the source
>tree and tada.  Note that that source tree has a bug in sockets causing
>crashes, so grab the patch.

I've tried that as well, no go. The SourceForge CVS version almost works, I
think that the @auto_make@ (or @make_auto@, or whatever) indicates that
something hasn't been checked in yet, and that something replaces this tag
with all the build information for the plugins (b/c that's what is not being
built, AFAICS).

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.cdegroot.com     <cg at cdegroot.com>