[TECH] VM Bench

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Sat Jan 19 19:31:18 UTC 2002

Bergel Alexandre <bergel at iam.unibe.ch> is widely believed to have written:

> Hello all,
>
> I am searching informations about VM performance comparison.
> Anyone have some link about it ?
I have a copy of the old Green Book benchmarks that runs in Squeak (or
at least used to - haven't tested in ages) which will give you a whole
load of micro benchmarks that can be used to learn a lot about the vm.
One of the interesting things I've learnt over the last two decades is
how little most micro benchmarks seem to have to do with overall
performance.

http://sumeru.stanford.edu/tim/pooters/SqFiles/deltas/sqBenchmarks.cs

tim
You know it is going to be a bad day when you forget your new password.