Learning Squeak

Alan Kay Alan.Kay at squeakland.org
Sat Jan 19 23:22:09 UTC 2002

Les --

I think it would be great for some of the experienced Smalltalkers on
the list to take a crack at making a "filtered Browser" for a core
Squeak for beginners. How about ~ 100 classes to do most things? My
personal preference would be for a set of abstractions that include
Morphic instead of MVC, but any nice filtering would be a great
start. To do this really nicely, it might require a few new classes
to be made that are the higher-level abstraction for what is now
"over subclassing" in the current system.

Cheers,

Alan