Learning Squeak

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Sun Jan 20 01:06:45 UTC 2002

Alan Kay <Alan.Kay at squeakland.org> is widely believed to have written:

> Les --
>
> I think it would be great for some of the experienced Smalltalkers on
> the list to take a crack at making a "filtered Browser" for a core
> Squeak for beginners.
This is the approach we took for LearningWorks; a browser with a
'vision' policy that restricted what it exposed to the student. As
the student progressed through the curriculum the policy opened up more
of the system. It seems to have worked quite well over the last few
years - I think some rather large number of thousands of people have
used LW via the Open University for example.

tim

Fractured Idiom:- LE ROI EST MORT. JIVE LE ROI - The King is dead.  No kidding.