Squeak & SQL (was Developing PostgresPlugin)

Noel J. Bergman noel at devtech.com
Sun Jan 20 02:13:28 UTC 2002

Rob,

Glorp might be an option.

At the moment, looking over the source for Glorp (docs? what docs?), it
appears that Glorp is primarily focused on an object<->relational mapping
layer that is perhaps a bit higher even than the (Object)Lens found in
Cincom's commercial offering.  But Glorp's low level interface does not
appear to be as sophisticated as EXDI, which may be an artifice of it being
primarly there to serve the higher level, a mis-read of the situation on my
part, or simply the current state of the code as opposed to a statement of
design.

In any event, since both of these candidates come from the same company,
I've CC'd the author of Glorp.  Hopefully he can give us all some advice on
an SDBC (I like your term).  :-)

	--- Noel