AW: Building latest Unix VM - how?

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Sun Jan 20 02:43:06 UTC 2002

"Andreas Raab" <Andreas.Raab at gmx.de> is widely believed to have written:

> > I'd be _really_ surprised to find a platform without any
> > access to make these days; it would seem pretty suicidal on
> > the part of any commercial device, and socially unnacceptable
> > for any hobby/hacker device.
>
> The closest you can get to is probably MS Visual C++. It supposedly has
> a make (called nmake) but you _really_ don't want to learn about it ;-)
I remember it, and no, I probably don't want to relearn it. Not quite
what I was referring to though; MSVC++ (can they add a few more letters
to that?) is a 'make' in the broad sense, like codeworrier etc.

> > Can anyone think of such a beast? Lend me one and I'll try to
> > make a way to get it to work...
>
> Well, you could try the embedded toolkit from Microsoft (ships for a
> nominal cost of $10 or so).
Might be nominal to you. More than I can afford to spend on software
these days.

Useful random insult:- All foam, no beer.