Learning Squeak

Kris De Volder kdvolder at cs.ubc.ca
Sun Jan 20 17:37:20 UTC 2002

A somewhat more elaborate webpage can be found here:
http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~raji/thesis/

THere is also possibility to download there. There are two versions
available. THe most mature version is the one which use Sicstus
prolog as a backend.

By the way, if somebody would consider to implement something similar
to QJBrowser for squeak. The QSOUL logic query engine runs in Squeak
and would be excellent for this purpose.

http://progwww.vub.ac.be/poolresearch/qsoul/qsoul2.html

Kris

At 7:38 PM -0800 1/19/02, Avi Bryant wrote:
>Alan Kay wrote:
>
>>  I think it would be great for some of the experienced Smalltalkers on
>>  the list to take a crack at making a "filtered Browser" for a core
>>  Squeak for beginners.
>
>You might want to look into the QJBrowser, which is a Java browser with
>prolog-like fact-based filtering:
>http://www.cs.ubc.ca/labs/spl/projects/qjbrowser.html
>
>There doesn't seem to be much info at all at the url above, but I'm
>forwarding this to one of the people involved in case he can provide
>more (Kris? Any pointers?)
>
>Avi

  Kris De Volder         The Departement of Computer Science
  Assistant Professor         University of British Columbia
  http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~kdvolder          309-2366 Main Mall
  ++1(604)822 1209             V6T 1Z4 Vancouver, BC, CANADA