[VM][UNIX] SHA uploaded to SourceForge

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Sun Jan 20 22:25:42 UTC 2002

"Lex Spoon" <lex at cc.gatech.edu> is widely believed to have written:

> Okay, I've uploaded SHA to SourceForge.  This is convenient for
> developers... and awkward for people who just want to compile the VM for
> Unix.
For those of you that don't know. SHA is Lex's name for his collection
of unix vm extras and the makefile stuff altered to suit the latest
VMMaker. So, if you use cvs to fetch the latest platform source code you
will also needtofetch
http://sumeru.stanford.edu/tim/pooters/SqFiles/deltas/VMMaker-3-2-version4.1.cs
to go with it.

NOTE NOTE NOTE
I don't know whether or not the Mac and Windows makefiles are at the
same stepping level. If they are not, it should be within reach of
anyone likely to be messing with vm developing to alter the makefiles to
find _internal_ plugins in src/vm/intplugins/fooplugin etc rather than
just all smooshed into src/vm.

> We'll have to come up with some way to distribute snapshots....
It has been noted previously that SF makes a frequent (daily?) tarball
of all the sources. I wonder if it can be set to produce a tarball of
suitably tagged releases so that there is a 'guaranteed' working set?

Cetainly we will want such a thing somewhere easily accessible; at worst
we can probably prevail upon Cees to provide a space.

tim

The steady state of disks is full.  - Ken Thompson