VM Question: Full Screen Mode Startup

Les Tyrrell tyrrell at canis.uiuc.edu
Sun Jan 20 22:32:22 UTC 2002

I've got a quick question for VM gurus- although I am tinkering with the VM
sources a bit as well, so perhaps I'll figure this out on my own.

I've been playing with the Squeak 2.2 Embedded development image.  Currently
it is saved in full-screen mode.  It starts up fine, very quickly in fact.  So
quickly, that to be honest I get a kick out of double-clicking it just to see
Windows vanish in the blink of an eye.  Except for one little nit- there is an
awful lot of fluttering going on in that blink.  Is this something that I can
get rid of, so that starting full-screen Squeak proceeds with no percievable
transition- that is, one moment you have Windows, and in the next you have
Squeak?

Don't know about you, but I still get a kick out of doing that.  A hold-over
from blowing away DOS on the road to running with V/286 as the sole program on
the machine, I guess... I used to boot my machine straight into V/286 that
way, actually.

- les