[VM] What about changes like...

Les Tyrrell tyrrell at canis.uiuc.edu
Sun Jan 20 22:42:06 UTC 2002

I'm playing around with the Squeak 2.2 Embedded VM.  In doing so, I've been
shoving bits of C code around to see if it looks cleaner to me, and of course
to find out if those changes still allow it to run.  I have an interest in
this because I may want to change some things in the Interpreter or
ObjectMemory to better support the way things work in the embedded world
 such as bits of object memory that are executed in ROM, or how the image gets
"loaded" ).

So, my question is:  moving forward to the Squeak 3.x VM, I would like to make
these same changes using Slang, but modifying Interpreter or ObjectMemory.
The idea is to refactor this so that the existing functionality remains, but
with the option to do things differently, perhaps in an EmbeddedInterpreter
and EmbeddedObjectMemory or with other methods.  If I am able to do this, then
what should I do to submit these changes to the VM crowd- just post with a
[VM][Enhance] tag?

Thanks!

- les