Font Conversion Question

Chris Becker chb99 at msn.com
Mon Jan 21 15:59:08 UTC 2002

C code looks utterly inhuman because it's high-level assembly language!
Compared to flipping register switches on the front of a PDP-8e, it's
programming nirvana. Then again, I'm sure cavemen thought the hammer was an
advanced tool ...  :-P

Hey, that reminds me, didn't Gosling base Java syntax on C++?

So the evolutionary ladder was:

Machine code
Assembler
C++
Java

My, they haven't come very far, have they?  ;-)

Chris

p.s. Sorry if this ends up railroading this discussion thread. I couldn't
resist.