Learning Squeak

Cees de Groot cg at home.cdegroot.com
Mon Jan 21 08:51:49 UTC 2002

Les Tyrrell <tyrrell at canis.uiuc.edu> said:
>BAH!  I believe the tools can definitely have an impact.

Absolutely - in VW, I hardly ever look at class comments because accessing
them is somewhere through a menu instead of the convenient question mark that
Squeak provides.

Now, here's the 'J' word again - 'J'avadoc does provide one thing: a quick way
to get an overview of what is commented and what you left out. Probably, it
would help a lot if we'd, say, write a comment report generator that generates
a) browsable HTML (generated in the style of the class browser) for
   amusement and maybe even for easy access, full-text searching, whatever;
b) a list of uncommented classes as a hall of shame, posted regularly
   to this list ;-).
I think especially b) would help...

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.cdegroot.com     <cg at cdegroot.com>