[Squeak Foundation] An Interim Structure for The SqueakFoundation!

Luciano Notarfrancesco core.lists.squeak at core-sdi.com
Mon Jan 21 21:37:02 UTC 2002

Dave,

I think your IOHandles are similar to Craig's ExternalResources.
What I was trying to say is that the prefix *External* is not a very
good choice because not always a Device is external. For instance, my
TCP/IP stack has sockets that are not external, and in SqueakNOS we have
a SerialPort that is internal (as it's completly implemented in the
Squeak image and doesn't have any form of "external handle"). So, in my
very humble opinion, I think we should come up with some other name that
does not include the word 'External'. 'Device' perhaps is a good name.
I'm not sure..

Luciano.-

--- for a personal reply use: Luciano Notarfrancesco <luciano at corest.com>