[VM][UNIX] SHA uploaded to SourceForge

Cees de Groot cg at home.cdegroot.com
Mon Jan 21 21:24:08 UTC 2002

Martin McClure <martin at hand2mouse.com> said:
>I'm not sure I see where the advantage of a weekly snapshot would be.
>If I need the version from a particular date, I just ask CVS for the
>version as of that date.

Well, CVS comes bundled with my OS but it seems there are still savages out
there that need to download and install it for their hopelessly inferior
systems ;-}.

Plus, if the checkers-in would agree that they'd tag a release with "TESTED"
when they'd at least built the VM and ran some basic (predefined?) test set,
my cron job could fetch that version and put it up for download as
"latest-tested.tar.gz" without having to start long explanations about CVS
tags.

Anyway, it was just an offer, so everyone is free to refuse :-)

(Plus, I like tim's notion that you could do all this from within Squeak with
the sockets-based CVS client much better than any fiddling with tarballs...)

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.cdegroot.com     <cg at cdegroot.com>