[VM][UNIX] SHA uploaded to SourceForge

Withers, Robert rwithers at quallaby.com
Mon Jan 21 23:06:55 UTC 2002

Cees,

> From: cg at home.cdegroot.com [mailto:cg at home.cdegroot.com]
> Withers, Robert <rwithers at quallaby.com> said:
> >How would you find the "TESTED" string in cvs tags?  Using
> 'cvs history -T',
> >by chance?  We are considering these exact issues at this time, for
> >releasing to the squeak SF site.
>
> "cvs upd -r TESTED" would do the job of grabbing the "TESTED" release.

Yes, but only if you have a single TESTED version.  I suppose you could
retag the trunk as each version was released.  This was why I mentioned the
history command, so one could get a list of available tags to load, per
module.

> Usually, that's all your interested in, the 'cvs history' etcetera is
> stuff I've hardly ever used (I used CVS since the really early days,
> when it was a wrapper around RCS and possibly even a wrapper
> in the form
> of shell scripts, so ask if you need help here).

Ok, let me see ...  got one.  How could we query the available tag/module
combinations before we checkout?  :)

> If you're Python-savvy, look at the Trug project on

No, nice try though.  Uh, I've seen the book...a bird..no a snake!  ;-)
Speaking of that, wouldn't it be nice to focus the external documentation
effort at producing an O'Reilly Squeak book.  It would require actually
solidifying the core class protocols, which is the follow-on to modules I do
believe.   The mouse is still available ...  ;-)   It shouldn't be a problem
actually relasing version 3.3, then 4.0, 5.0.   More money to be made at
each cycle.

Rob