Contacting Cees de Groot

Scott A Crosby crosby at qwes.math.cmu.edu
Tue Jan 22 01:20:24 UTC 2002

On 22 Jan 2002, Cees de Groot wrote:

> >If so, may I propose removing the reply-to munging done by the list
> >software? Most clients have a reply-to-group anyways.
> >
> The list should do a reply-to group; maybe you did a reply-all?

The list-software does this to outgoing mail messages:

   Date: 22 Jan 2002 02:07:53 +0100
   From: Cees de Groot <cg at home.cdegroot.com>
   To: squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
   Newsgroups: lists.squeak
   Subject: Re: Contacting Cees de Groot

Note the 'Reply-To: ...' (back to the list) line that was added on..

Interesting looking at the headers. Apparently, the mailing list software
replaced the origional Reply-To line that your mail client added on. It
munged it into (a line which my mail client ignores):

Which, let me guess, is the email address that reaches you? If so, then
this whole thing is the fault of the mailing list software hiding that
(the Reply-To) email address from my mail client.[*] I remember reading
about this problem with reply-to munging, though I've never seen it
myself.

Well, regardless, glad that its fixed.

Scott

[*] Pine 4.33.