Bolot around?

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Tue Jan 22 10:56:44 UTC 2002

Hi guys!

I sent a bugfix for Comanche to Bolot but he never answered. I am
sending it to both the Squeak dev list and the PWS list since it is an
important one I think, repeated from email:
--------
Anyway, we found a rather nasty bug in SocketStream so I am attaching
our current ComSwiki-fixes changeset - most of it is just simple extras
- but do check out SocketStream>>upToAll:.

The bug was that if the buffer did not contain the String being searched
for it did one try to "get some more data" and if that came up empty it
returned the rest of the current buffer. We changed it so that it keeps
on trying until either we end up "atEnd" or we find it.

The bug manifested itself as a problem POSTing to Comanche with Mozilla.
It seems
that Mozilla sends the HttpRequest in two "chunks" (IE seems to do it in
one go) and Comanche didn't find the double crlf so it came up with a
noncomplete header and no content. It took a while to hunt down... :-)

Perhaps this one could explain other problems, I don't know.
---------

regards, Göran

PS. <CSOTD>"Don't have one this time, head is blank - need coffee -
forgive me..."
(CupOfCoffe new) fillTo: (Brim new); drink
</CSOTD> DS