Does the refactoring browser work?

ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Tue Jan 22 14:24:37 UTC 2002

Hi

Apparently the parser is abit shaky due to consequence of
internationalization.

Try the following I got from daniel
I now that  the extract method is broken because of change in the way code
is selected.

This led to find two bugs -
Squeak now forgets the selection in a text morph when a context menu is
raised using the middle button, and then the extract method tries to
work on the default selection, which is invalid. This might be caused by
the changes to provide keyboard control of menus. Using ESC to bring up
the local context menu doesn't lose the selection, and extract method
then works.

The patch for parsing international characters breaks the parser.
Please in install RBScanner class:
initialize

    PatternVariableCharacter := $`.

    ClassificationTable := Array new: 255.

    self initializeChars:
'abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ' to: #alphabetic.

    self initializeChars: '01234567890' to: #digit.

    self initializeChars: '!%&*+,-/<=>?@\~|' to: #binary.

    ClassificationTable at: 177 put: #binary.    "plus-or-minus"

    ClassificationTable at: 183 put: #binary.    "centered dot"

    ClassificationTable at: 215 put: #binary.    "times"

    ClassificationTable at: 247 put: #binary.    "divide"

    self initializeChars: '().:;[]^{}_' to: #special.

    #(9 10 12 13 26 32) do: [:i | ClassificationTable at: i put:
#separator]

and then RBScanner initialize, and try again.