Flow integration

Craig Latta Craig.Latta at NetJam.ORG
Tue Jan 22 21:56:08 UTC 2002

> Yes, the version of Flow I have has only a single NetStream class. I
> kind of liked that (having a single NetStream class and several
> NetResources).

	I have nothing against keeping most of the transport-specific
instantiation protocol in (NetStream class), for convenience. It was
specialized non-metaclass behavior that was getting out of hand, as I
kept implementing support for new transports. It became rather
unreadable. It's okay now, but it'd all be even more readable without
classes at all...

> I think netjam.org has been down for quite a while.

	Since 28 November. :(  It's all AT&T/@Home fallout. "They" currently
tell me that things should get sorted out by the end of the month. I'm
shopping for a place where I can have an A-record and part of a machine,
to use as backup when this inevitably happens again. Suggestions welcome
(privately, please). It was nice having complete physical access to an
upstream-connected machine at home... I could run all sorts of weird
experiements and have full log access.

> I'd like to see the new version.

	Unfortunately it's a tricky thing to transmit via change sets (as you
might guess from the previous releases), and I won't have time to do it
until... the end of the month (hmm, that's quite a magical time, the end
of the month! :). Of course, the situation will be better once Squeak
has a module system, but it'll be tricky for a while. FWIW, I'll attach
the website's "architecture" document to this message.

	thanks!

-C

--
Craig Latta