Block Closures are here!

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Wed Jan 23 16:29:09 UTC 2002

Rob Withers wrote:

> >Looks like a _really_ good start on the SqF Version4 image project to
> >me. Thanks Anthony.
>
> So, you don't think we can make it for the 3.2 VM, Tim?  It would be nice
> for the SqueakNews issue.
>
> Rob

No way; this is a big change that needs some time to settle down. Does
anyone really think a change like this can be done without bugs? A
couple have already been fixed and I expect a few more, not to mention
having a strong feeling that more performance might be squeezable. Oh
and it might be possible to make changes that make it better suited to a
jitter - better to do it all in one go if possible.

Also there are several other image format changes on the list to look
into and I haven't had time to read all the code to see which ones are
still open. The worst thing you can do when somebody produces a big body
of work like this is insult it with poor review work.

tim