[ANN] sqdb now online

Duane Maxwell dmaxwell at san.rr.com
Wed Jan 23 20:31:03 UTC 2002

>Could you allow 2 character user handles, too? This way we could use
>our  initials as handle, just like when writing a method :-)

OK, I'll lower the handle limit to 2 characters, so the speculation rush can
start!

I also made the stupid mistake of not differentiating between class and
instance methods, so there will be another two scripts: 'classMethodComment'
and 'submitClassMethodComment'.

Noel Bergman has mentioned a possibility of approval/moderation of the
submissions - this, of course, requires moderators.  I can add the feature
if people want to take on the role.  I'd rather let the system run for a
while and see whether or not it gets abused.

I see the database being used in two ways - online, which gets the latest
comments on the fly as you browse, and "update" mode, which pulls in the
entire database (or I can add a "changes since" request) for inclusion in an
image that needs to be disconnected from the net.

Of course, today is the day my ISP decides to go down - all of my sites are
offline at the moment. Time to make some threatening phone calls...

-- Duane